Friday, October 29, 2010

Ephesians 1:1-10



For my Ephesians friends it's been almost two week since I've last posted, trust me, I haven't given up on you! It's been a couple of really busy weeks. Travel to California and Maine, with performances at great Churches like 1st Presbyterian in Westminster, California, and 1st Baptist in South Portland, and Smallpoint Baptist in Phippsburg, Maine, thrown in was a half-day seminar and performance at New England Bible College.

But you, my memorization crew have been on my mind and heart. I hope things are going well with all of you. Have you had an opportunity to share what you have memorized with others-how did it go? Did people stare at you like your from Mars? Sometimes it's hard to convey to others what the process of meditating on scripture is like, how significant it is to your own soul. It's still important to share it though. So let me encourage you again to gather family and friends around and share these words with them. Also, send me a clip of your memory/meditation work. It will be a great encouragement to others in this project to continue on. And you will have a greater sense of accomplishment, a little monument to what God has led you through. I've posted a small clip of a few of you who have sent me clips, as well as some of my own family who are joining in on the project. You can see the clip here.

Keep pressing forward. A little at a time, consistent review and you will make progress. Underscoring it all is our montra that the "pressure is off!" please keep that in mind. My goal is to "inspire to desire", not "wilt from guilt" :)

Send me an update, and I'll cheer you on even if your still on the first verse.

PS. Did any of you find the first three versus the hardest to memorize of all so far? I sure did, seemed like it took me two weeks just to get those three.

2 comments:

  1. OH I was doing so well and now I've back tracked terribly! I will try to get on track again tomorrow...gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue, send me a clip of what you got, and I'll include it in the next mashup. take care my friend, and see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete